The Chai Box Chai Recipe
Chai Box Chai Recipe
Serving: 2 Cups of Chai
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk or nut milk
- 3-4 tsp of True Blend (loose leaf tea blend)
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed open
- 2 cloves, lightly crushed
- 3 small pieces of cinnamon
- A pinch of fennel (8-10 seeds)
On the Stove (Traditional Indian method of making Chai):
- In a small sauce pan, add water, cardamom, clove, cinnamon and fennel and bring to a boil.
- Add in True Blend loose leaf tea and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off stove once chai starts to bubble up.
- Use a strainer to strain ingredients when pouring chai into a tea cup.
- Add honey or sugar if desired.