Some of our Favorite Recipes using our Blends + Chai Concentrate
Chai Box Chai Recipe
Serving: 2 Cups of Chai
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk or nut milk
- 3-4 tsp of True Blend (loose leaf tea blend)
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed open
- 2 cloves, lightly crushed
- 3 small pieces of cinnamon
- A pinch of fennel (8-10 seeds)
On the Stove (Traditional Indian method of making Chai):
- In a small sauce pan, add water, cardamom, clove, cinnamon and fennel and bring to a boil.
- Add in True Blend loose leaf tea and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off stove once chai starts to bubble up.
- Use a strainer to strain ingredients when pouring chai into a tea cup.
- Add honey or sugar if desired.
Carrot Cake with Chai Cream Cheese Buttercream by, Cosette Posko
- 3 sticks of unsalted butter (1.5 cups(, softened
- 3 x 80z containers of soft cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp The Chai Box All Chai’d Up*
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla/vanilla paste
- Melt the 3 sticks of butter and then add your 2 Tbsp chai.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for an hour.
- After 1 hour, strain chai from butter and set infused butter aside to return to a soft/solid state. You may refrigerate to
- speed process up.
- Once butter is solid and room temperature, add to your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment as well as your
- softened cream cheese. Mix on high speed.
- Cream until well blended, next add your powdered sugar while mixer is on low speed, slowly.
- Finally add your salt and vanilla.
- Use to frost carrot cake.
Recipe provided by Cosette's Kitchen
Chai Spiced Almond Donuts + Glaze by Hell Yeah Chai Donut
- 240g flour (wheat flour or bobs 1:1 gluten free flour blend)
- 150g sugar
- 10g baking powder
- 7g salt
- tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 100ml neutral oil (vegetable, canola, or grapeseed)
- 100ml milk (or dairy-free milk like flax, almond, etc)
- 75ml chai concentrate
Chai Donut Glaze
- 3tbsp chai concentrate
- 170g powdered sugar
- mix all the ingredients together
- scoop or pipe into a donut pan or silicone donut mold
- bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and puffy!
- glaze only when completely cool
- to make the glaze, gradually mix the liquids into the powdered sugar until its just thicker than paint
- to dip donuts, hold the edges of the donut with your fingertips and push the surface of the donut down into the glaze. twist the donut a few times, pick it up, and allow some of the glaze to run off before flipping over onto a plate (unglazed side down)
- Feel free to top with toasted almonds or candied pecans
Recipe provided by Hell Yeah
Chai Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe by, Nazanin Yousefnejad
- 2 ounces sweet monsoon chai
- 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 cups light coconut milk
- 1/4 -1/2 cup honey
- 2 chocolate chip cookies per sandwich
- extra chocolate chips for rolling
- Heat the coconut milk. Before it boils take it off the heat and pour in the tea. Let it brew for 5- 7 minutes
- Put the cashews. Honey and brewed coconut milk in a blender and blend until combined well
- Pour the ice cream in a freezer safe container. Mix ice cream every 20-30 minutes until it thickens and freezes
- Use a muffin tin or peanut butter top to mold ice cream. Place ice cream between two cookies
- Optionally roll sides in chocolate chips
Recipe provided by Tea Thoughts